Few things strike horror in the hearts of homeowners as learning mold has infiltrated the perimeter. Don’t panic. Realize that even though it is potentially damaging and unhealthy, you can defeat mold. These practical tips should help get you started:
- Know the symptoms of mold exposure. Most noticeable are allergy symptoms (a runny nose, sneezing, cough, etc.)
- Observe visible manifestations of growing mold. It’s hard to miss when it starts to spread.
- Remove sources of excess moisture and take steps to dry out your house.
- Test for the presence of mold. Hire a mold inspector or try a home test kit.
- Call a mold pro if you suspect you have it. The professionals are usually better equipped to handle safe mold eradication.
- Perform some DIY cleanup. If you have small patches of harmless mold, you can use baking soda to clean and prevent the spores from recurring.
You do not have to sit back and passively let mold take your safe dwelling place away from you. It’s aggressive, and to defeat it, you have to go ruthlessly on the offense.